This article was last updated on January 31, 2022
Steven Spielberg is the wealthiest and one of the most famous movie directors in Hollywood. His movies have grossed more than $11 billion worldwide. He’s directed more than 50 movies and many of them achieved box office records including E.T., Jurassic Park, Minority Report, Schindler’s List, the Indiana Jones series, and many more. Many of Steven Spielberg’s quotes include great insight and knowledge on life, and not only. This is why we decided to compile his sayings.
He’s won countless awards for his movies, but what most people don’t know is that he has also won a lot of awards for his work on social issues and human rights. Spielberg is widely considered to be one of the greatest directors and producers in history. Here are his best quotes throughout the years.
The Best 10 Inspiring Steven Spielberg Quotes
- “Whether in success or in failure, I’m proud of every single movie I’ve directed. ” – Steven Spielberg
- “Even though I get older, what I do never gets old, and that’s what I think keeps me hungry.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I’ve always been very hopeful which I guess isn’t strange coming from me. I don’t want to call myself an optimist. I want to say that I’ve always been full of hope. I’ve never lost that. I have a lot of hope for this country and for the entire world.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I don’t dream at night, I dream at day, I dream all day; I’m dreaming for a living.” – Steven Spielberg
- “You have many years ahead of you to create the dreams that we can’t even imagine dreaming. You have done more for the collective unconscious of this planet than you will ever know.” – Steven Spielberg
- “My imagination won’t turn off. I wake up so excited I can’t eat breakfast. I’ve never run out of energy.” – Steven Spielberg
- “When I grow up, I still want to be a director.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I always like to think of the audience when I am directing. Because I am the audience.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I think one of the worst things that happened to me was, you know, my voluntary fallout with my father. And then the greatest thing that happened to me was when I saw the light, and realized I needed to love him in a way that he could love me back.” – Steven Spielberg
- “I like the smell of film. I just like knowing there’s film going through the camera.” – Steven Spielberg
Another 10 Great Steven Spielberg Quotes
- “You know, I don’t really do that much looking inside me when I’m working on a project. Whatever I am becomes what that film is. But I change; you change.” – Steven Spielberg
- “Sometimes a dream almost whispers… it never shouts. Very hard to hear. So you have to, every day of your lives, be ready to hear what whispers in your ear. ”– Steven Spielberg
- “I’m not really interested in making money. That’s always come as the result of success, but it’s not been my goal, and I’ve had a tough time proving that to people.” – Steven Spielberg
- “All through my career I’ve done what I can to discover new talent and give them a start.” – Steven Spielberg
- “Only a generation of readers will span a generation of writers.” – Steven Spielberg
- “Every time I go to a movie, it’s magic, no matter what the movie’s about.” – Steven Spielberg
- “All good ideas start out as bad ideas, that’s why it takes so long.” – Steven Spielberg
- “The thing that I’m just scared to death of is that someday I’m going to wake up and bore somebody with a film.” – Steven Spielberg
- “People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning.” – Steven Spielberg
- “All of us every single year, we’re a different person. I don’t think we’re the same person all our lives.” – Steven Spielberg
It is more than obvious that Steven Spielberg has a lot to say, covering all sorts of topics. Because of this, his insight in different areas is important to take into account because there is definitely much to learn from his wisdom.
What was your favorite quote by Steven Spielberg? Let us know in the comments below.