This article was last updated on February 1, 2022
Being financially independent since the age of 27, I have always lived by certain principles and even to this day, they still hold true and have always been part of my business DNA. Today’s business world requires persistency and innovation – not necessarily something new, but definitely an improvement in what is already out there. Finding such ways can be wearying nevertheless; we have to keep ourselves motivated.
Feeling unmotivated? Won’t be after reading these quotes.
With 1000’s of quotes and sayings out there by great people, here are my top 10 favorite motivational quotes of all time and why I believe they should be yours too.
- Henry Ford said it best and it has been a living principle for me to this day. I believe that whatever the mindsets out and deems to be possible, it will achieve. I have proved this on several occasions myself and I am sure many of today’s greatest entrepreneurs would agree too.
- Too often do we lose ourselves in this need for immediate or big results. We often forget that even some of today’s largest companies, most profitable businesses, and most innovative platforms; started with a small idea and baby steps. While some companies might have grown faster than others, the fact is that every one of them started small. Don’t be afraid of being small; be afraid of missing your opportunity to enjoy it.
- One of the most amazing opportunities in my life was to become a telemarketer at 14. Though this may seem like the furthest thing away from being successful, it was the foundational structure of learning sales skills I needed at such a young age. It allowed me to master the art of cold calling, learn to overcome objections, and become emotionless towards rejection. These three things helped start my path to financial freedom by 27.
- When I was a Vice President for a major Fortune 500 bank, I enjoyed a lavish salary, benefits, and the freedom to do what and how I pleased. I didn’t realize until after I had transitioned to entrepreneurship years later, that when we work for ourselves we are doing so much more than attempting to build an income. We work to make residual value in our projects and ourselves. This is no different than the 401K you may invest in today, except that there is no cash value. Instead, there is a much larger exit value; the only thing is that it simply isn’t guaranteed.
- I never had an opportunity to finish college and truth be told I didn’t really like it. Although formal education can have its fair share of value, it certainly will never trump the importance of experience and self-education. Both of those are free and can be leveraged each and every day we live regardless of how much money we have. The real problem is that we often neglect self-education because it’s free and we are not forced to take it in.
Quotes That Will Get You Back On Your Feet
- Before I was successful, I always believed that the monetary gain of success was the ultimate goal. Little did I know that success doesn’t come from the money we earn, but rather what we become trying to earn it. Our values, mind, perspective, and enhanced awareness are the ultimate prizes of being successful and not just the amount of zeros behind your bank account balance.
- Wayne Gretzky said it best and while it applies in hockey, it also applies in life and business. Failure is guaranteed if you do not attempt to reach success. I’ve always known in the back of my head that failure was a possibility no matter what I did. I’ve also known that success would be as well if I tried. I permanently believe that I would rather fight until the very end, rather than sit there defeated.
- That is very true but misleading if interpreted wrong. The rich invest in creating more time, which eventually leads to creating more money; while the poor only work or invest for the return they receive. This simply states an important rule of being successful often missed by most. Invest in the long term, invest in people, and invest in opportunities that have yet to manifest themselves, instead of seeking an immediate return. Easier said than done and hard to execute, but very possible – so you better start practicing. See also this inspirational video that will greatly help you to stop killing time.
- Competing with others is useless if you ask me since our circumstances, fears, limitations, and skills are all different. The most powerful and important competitors we face are ourselves. I have spent every day of my life solely challenging myself to be a better version of what I was yesterday, instead of looking at other people and their accomplishments. Do the same and you will discover next year that you will be 365 times better than you are today.
- Failure is only relevant and true if you give up on your belief. An attempt to succeed met with the opposition is simply an opportunity for you to prove your tenacity and ability to overcome it. Trying 100,000 times and creating something successful, even though it may not resemble your original idea, is still part of the growing process and path to success. It is only when you chose to believe you no longer are capable that you have given in to true failure.
Other Motivational Quotes
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. The slogan ‘Press On’ has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.” – Calvin Coolidge
- “The road to success and the road to failure are almost exactly the same.” – Colin R. Davis
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.” – Herman Melville
So do you have any quotes to add? What are your go-to quotes when you feel unmotivated? Please share them with us in the comments below.