This article was last updated on March 7, 2022
Sylvester Stallone is one of the greatest movie stars of Hollywood. He has participated in many blockbuster movies in the past five decades, including movies like Rambo and Rocky. However, there is a lot of struggle and hard work behind that success. His success story is probably one of the saddest stories of Hollywood. Because of his struggles, there is a lot we can learn from him which is why we compiled a list of Sylvester Stallone quotes to remind you to get through these hard times.
He was homeless, slept on the streets, sold his wife jewelry for food, and at one point in time; he was so broke that he even sold his loyal companion, his dog for a mere $25 because he wasn’t able to buy food for him.
But he didn’t yield up; one day, he was inspired by watching a boxing match Muhammad Ali and Chuck Wepner and got an idea to screenplay it. He didn’t sleep the whole weekend and banged out the script for Rocky in 3 days. And guess what happened next?
The movie Rocky hit every corner of the world bringing it a global success – the rest is history.
19 Inspirational Sylvester Stallone quotes
- You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
- Once in one’s life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived.
- If you look back at life, I bet you will regret about 80% of your actions. But life consists of all mistakes.
- Remember the mind is your best muscle…BIG ARMS can move rocks, but BIG WORDS can move mountains….Ride the brain train for success.
- Your spiritual sense will make you either a winner or a loser.
6. Every time I’ve failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back.
7. I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.
8. When you’re scared, when you’re hanging on, when life is hurting you, then you’re going to see what you’re really made of.
9. I take rejection as someone blowing a bugle in my ear to wake me up and get going, rather than retreat.
10. Going on one more round, when you don’t think you can that’s what makes all the difference in your life.
11. Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but the loyalty never fades.
12. I believe there’s an inner power that makes winners or losers. And the winners are the ones who really listen to the truth of their hearts.
13. Success is usually the culmination of controlling failures.
14. When I was in junior high school, the teacher voted me the student most likely to end up in the electric chair.
15. I stopped thinking the way other people think a long time ago. You gotta think like you think.
16. Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.
17. Your spiritual sense will make you either winner or loser.
18. I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind and furious optimism.
19. Now if you know what you’re worth. Then go out and get what you’re worth.
Thanks for reading. If you know any Sylvester Stallone quotes that are missing and you think should be added please share them in the comment section below.
Suggested similar articles:
Featured image credit: Gage Skidmore