This article was last updated on November 8, 2021
Marilyn Monroe was one of the most well-known and most beloved American actresses. She tragically died in 1962, at the young age of 36. Monroe became one of the most iconic sex symbols of the 1950s and 60s. We made a quality selection of the 25 most uplifting Marilyn Monroe Quotes for your motivation on the path to success.
Born Norma Jeane Mortenson on June 1, 1926, in Los Angeles, California, she had a troubled childhood, never knowing her father and with a mentally ill mother. While growing up, Marilyn Monroe spent a lot of time in orphanages and foster care. Before anyone noticed her, she was working in a munitions factory in California during the Second World War. Before she became an actress, she was a model, which gave helped her get noticed in Hollywood.
Her films grossed more than $200 million in total, making her the most successful actress of her time. Around the time of her death, Monroe was involved with President John F. Kennedy and/or his brother, Robert Kennedy.
Monroe became one of the most celebrated movie stars and pop culture icons of the 20th century, despite the many difficulties in her life, from childhood to drugs to affairs with powerful men. Even today, 56 years after her passing, many Marilyn Monroe quotes are adored by people around the world. Many consider her one of the most influential women who’s ever lived, and she has become a symbol for young women.
Take a look at our list of inspiring Marilyn Monroe quotes about women, love, relationships, and success.
Top 25 Most Uplifting Marilyn Monroe Quotes
1. Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting then being one.
– Marilyn Monroe
2. It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. – Marilyn Monroe
3. Men who think that a woman’s past love affairs lessen her love for them are usually stupid. – Marilyn Monroe
4. Always, always, always believe in yourself. Because if you don’t then who will, sweetie? – Marilyn Monroe Quotes
5. If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything. – Marilyn Monroe
6. Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about. – Marilyn Monroe
7. We are all stars but we must learn how to shine. – Marilyn Monroe
8. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. – Marilyn Monroe
9. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. – Marilyn Monroe
10. I think that love and work are the only things that really happen to us. – Marilyn Monroe
11. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile, I am just a girl who wishes for the world. – Marilyn Monroe
12. All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same. – Marilyn Monroe Quotes
13. If you can’t handle me at my worst you don’t deserve me at my best. – Marilyn Monroe
14. Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. – Marilyn Monroe
15. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it’s better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. – Marilyn Monroe
16. Just because you fail once doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. – Marilyn Monroe
17. It’s far better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone – so far. – Marilyn Monroe
18. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space. – Marilyn Monroe
19. I’ve spent most of my life running away from myself. – Marilyn Monroe
20. I live to succeed, not to please you or anyone else. – Marilyn Monroe
21. A friend tells you what you want to hear; a best friend tells you the truth. – Marilyn Monroe
22. This life is what you make it. No matter what, you’re going to mess up sometimes, it’s a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you’re going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends – they’ll act like it anyway. But just remember,
some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything – they’re your true best friends. Don’t let go of them. – Marilyn Monroe
23. I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent. – Marilyn Monroe Quotes
24. I don’t forgive people because I’m weak, I forgive them because I am strong enough to know people make mistakes. – Marilyn Monroe
25. Always remember to smile and look up at what
you got in life. – Marilyn Monroe
Thanks for reading this collecting of the most uplifting Marilyn Monroe quotes! Make sure to share on them on social media using the buttons below.
Which are your favorite Marilyn Monroe quotes? Leave your comment below.