This article was last updated on January 31, 2022
I love quotes. I love the power quotes bring, I also love how quotes can influence our lives. It’s strange how few words can change lives, isn’t it? That’s why I’ve decided to share with you my favorite quotes about dreams and dreamers.
25 Quotes About Dreams To Inspire You To Follow Your Passion
P. Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. –Harriet Tubman
You have the strength, you just don’t know it. Don’t be afraid because you don’t know how to achieve your dream, which will come to you in time. You will figure it out, you will make a plan and you will do it!
2. The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. –Eleanor Roosevelt
It’s the visionaries that change the world. The ones who are bold enough to chase their dreams are the ones who shape the world.
3. All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible. -T. E. Lawrence
When you wake up in the morning you have two choices… go back to sleep and dream your dreams or wake up & chase those dreams. Your choice.
4. There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why… I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? -Robert Kennedy
Why not? Read also 19 Quotes by Sylvester Stallone That Will Boost You Up
5. A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. -John Barrymore
Make sure to take as much as you can out of life. Life is a one-time adventure.
6. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
In the end, we don’t regret the things we did, but the opposite, we regret the things we didn’t do when we had the chance.
7. It’s the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting… – Paulo Coelho
What would be the world without dreamers? We would probably still be in the stone age.
8. When you cease to dream you cease to live. ~Malcolm S. Forbes
Some people die at 25 and aren’t buried until 75. Do not be one of them, there is always something to strive for. Find your passion, and live your life to the fullest, because you won’t get a second chance.
9. You don’t get in life what you want; you get in life what you are. – Les Brown
Your life is the result of choices you make and if you don’t like your life it’s time to start making better choices.
10. Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. – Langston Hughes
If you do not go after your passions and your dreams, you are breaking your own wings.
11. Don’t ever let someone tell you, you can’t do something. Not even me. You got a dream, you got to protect it. -Steven Conrad
There is a reason why most people are not chasing their dreams – They’re scared! Do not be one of the many, there is nothing scarier than settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
12. Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake. – Henry David Thoreau
In order to live your dreams, you will have to do a lot of work, but if you are willing to do that work, you will be rewarded with an amazing journey.
13. All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
Walt Disney was fired from a newspaper because he lacked imagination. But he had the courage to chase his dreams, and we all know what he achieved.
14. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C. S. Lewis
If you don’t believe that check out this article and watch video #5.
15. Miracles start to happen when you give as much energy to your dreams as you do to your fears.- Unknown
Imagine what we could achieve if we gave as much energy to our dreams, as we give to our fears. The moment you focus on your dreams your possibilities become countless. Limits start disappearing and everything starts to change.
16. If you don’t build your dream someone will hire you to help build theirs. -Tony Gaskins
If you end up living a life you are not happy with because you were scared or because you listened to your teacher or your mentor, or your mother or father, then you deserved it.
17. A head full of fears has no space for dreams. – Unknown
It might be scary to chase your dreams, to dig into the wild, but what’s scarier is regretting not doing it later on in life.
18. Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway. – Earl Nightingale
Time is the most precious asset you have, don’t waste it, you never know how much you have.
19. Dreams are today’s answers to tomorrow’s questions. – Edgar Cayce
I believe we have dreams for a reason, and that reason is to achieve them.
20. Don’t let someone who gave up on their dreams talk you out of going after yours. – Unknown
The person saying it can’t be done shouldn’t interrupt the one doing it! Don’t let others stop you. The only one who can stop you is YOU.
21. Dream is not the thing you see in sleep but is that thing that doesn’t let you sleep. – A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Have you ever been so excited before going to bed that you couldn’t actually sleep all night? I have and I’m telling you if you find that one thing in your life that will make you feel like this every night, your life will change forever.
22. There Is Only One Thing That Makes A Dream Impossible To Achieve: The Fear Of Failure. – Paulo Coelho
If you are afraid of failure and focus too much on it, you will be too scared to pursue your dreams. This is the only thing that makes them impossible and not trying is the greatest failure.
23. Hope Lies In Dreams, In Imagination, And In The Courage Of Those Who Dare To Make Dreams Into Reality. – Jonas Salk
To dream big, you need the imagination to think of something new and unconventional. However, going outside of societal norms is difficult and you will need the courage to make your dreams a reality.
24. Nothing Happens Unless First We Dream. – Carl Sandburg
Dreams are the first step to success. They are what drive greater people and keep the world moving forward.
25. Dreams Don’t Work Unless You Do. – John C. Maxwell
While it is important to have vision and courage, you must also have enough drive to make your dreams come true. If you do not put in the necessary work, your dreams will remain just that.
See also: 25 of The Best Dwayne Johnson Quotes
If you enjoyed the article, please don’t forget to pass it along.
Photo credit: Zach Dischner via flickr