Matthew McCounaghey won the Academy Award for Best Actor in 2014 for his role in the movie Dallas Buyers Club. He has been one of my favorite actors ever since 2006 when the movie We Are Marshals came out. This is why today I’ve decided to share with you the most inspiring Matthew McConaughey quotes.
Top 15 Most Inspiring Matthew McConaughey Quotes
- “You want to be a writer? Start writing. You want to be a filmmaker? Start shooting stuff on your phone right now.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “If I’m doing something I do like to take it to the limit. I’ve got a high ceiling. A wide threshold for seeing what those boundaries are for myself. I’m very resilient inside. I find things that I like and do and boy, I do like to stick to them.” – Matthew McConaughey
- I’m a fan of the word selfish. Self. Ish. When I say I have gotten a lot more self-ish, I mean I am less concerned with what people think of me. I’m not worried about how I’m perceived. Selfish has always gotten a bad rap. You should do for you.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “I believe in living in the present and making each day count. I don’t pay much attention to the past or the future.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “The best education I’ve had in my life is to travel.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “Life is not fair, it never was and it is now and it won’t ever be. Do not fall into the trap. The entitlement trap, of feeling like you’re a victim. You are not.”
- “Life is a series of commas, not periods.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “Give thanks. Appreciate what you DO have … the more we give thanks, the more we receive to be thankful for. Gratitude is the gift that always gives back.”
- “It’s a scientific fact that gratitude reciprocates.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “I don’t want to just revolve. I want to evolve. As a man, as a human, as a father, as a lover.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “Every hero doesn’t do this great big hero thing. They do the simple thing over and over… and they stick to it.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “There are three things, to my account, that I need each day. One of them is something to look up to, another is something to look forward to, and another is someone to chase.”
- “Life’s barely long enough to get good at one thing. So be careful what you get good at.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “’So, are you a hero?’ And I was like, ‘not even close. No, no, no.’ She said, ‘Why?’ I said, ‘Because my hero’s me at 35.’ So you see every day, every week, every month and every year of my life, my hero’s always 10 years away. I’m never gonna be my hero. I’m not gonna attain that. I know I’m not, and that’s just fine with me because that keeps me with somebody to keep on chasing.” – Matthew McConaughey
- “Life is not a popularity contest. Take the hill, but first answer the question: What is my hill?” – Matthew McConaughey
If you enjoyed these quotes, here is his amazing Oscar speech.
Matthew McConaughey Acceptance Speech
Posted by Motivationgrid on Tuesday, May 9, 2017
We also suggest you to check out The Best 20 Inspiring Steven Spielberg Quotes.