This article was last updated on August 9, 2015
We’ve all had some rough days, or maybe months or even years of darkness, loneliness and depression. Whether we self-sabotage ourselves or we feel insecure, leading a happy life and a joyful life can sometimes feel like an impossible thing.
People often do better than they give themselves credit for. We’ve forgotten to appreciate the little victories, and often that is exactly what we need to do, rather than just trying to dodge life bullets. Life isn’t easy, yet it can be very exciting when we focus on the good instead of focusing on the bad. And here are some reasons why you are actually going in the right direction even if you don’t realise it yourself. If you recognise yourself, than you are definitely on the right track.
35 Signs You’re Succeeding At Life (Even If It Doesn’t Feel Like It)
1. You have started surrounding yourself with the right people.
A good life is all about finding the right people. They spread positivity in your life and uplift you completely.
2. You work daily towards overcoming your fears.
We all have fears. However, you have made a conscious effort into making sure that you slowly overcome all your fears.
3. You have stopped comparing yourself or your life with other people and their lives.
Comparing yourself to others is the worst thing that you could possibly do. Each individual should only focus on their own lives.
4. You look forward to learning something new as much as possible.
With new learning comes new experiences and you always get excited about that.
5. You are more determined than you ever were before.
You have this strong internal desire and determination to excel in all avenues that you pursue.
6. You love others more than you used to.
All you have to spread around now is a lot of love for other people.
7. You love yourself instead of the idea of everyone else loving you.
The first step to truly being content with yourself is loving yourself for who you really are.
8. You don’t complain all that often anymore.
You realise that complaining brings more negativity and hinders constructive action. You would rather be doing something about the situation as opposed to whining.
9. You understand the importance of failure and setbacks.
Failures or setbacks are not a threat to you anymore. Rather, you know the importance of learning from these experiences.
10. Your standards have raised.
You have no tolerance for negativity or bad behaviour, and you make sure that other people are held accountable for their actions.
11. You don’t care about what others think.
You have stopped bothering with the negative behaviour or thinking of other people and are especially aware that this thinking should have no impact on you or your personal growth.
12. You know the importance of saying ‘no’.
When you do not feel like doing anything, you do not hesitate to say no.
13. You don’t whine over the things that you cannot change.
You remain happy and are more acceptant of the life that you have and realise that if you can’t change something, it’s better to move on.
14. Your relationships are not as dramatic or complicated as they used to be.
Your relationships have become far easier for you as compared to previously. There are no unnecessary fights or arguments.
15. You feel happy when you see yourself in the mirror.
When you see yourself in the mirror, you get happy and feel proud of yourself.
16. You know you have a path to follow, and you follow that.
For you, your path alone is what you are concerned about.
17. You keep moving forward, no matter how tough life gets.
Moving forward, even though life becomes tough is what will keep you truly happy in the long run, and you already know this.
18. You have stopped trying to please everyone around you.
You do things for yourself now instead of for other people.
19. You ask for help and support when needed.
You know how important it is to ask for support and help because one person alone cannot achieve everything. Therefore, you ask for it when needed.
20. You recognise all your accomplishments.
You know all you have accomplished so far and you are proud of it.
21. You are always grateful no matter what.
You remain grateful for your life, no matter how tough it seems to get.
22. You are positive about the future.
You love spreading positive energy and love in this world and being more open to listening to other people.
23. You leave the negativity behind.
Negativity just drags people down, and what your focus in life has been is to uplift yourself and your soul.
24. You never let yourself be the victim.
You realize that life is a consequence of how you want it to be. You always work towards ensuring a better life instead of complaining.
25. You’re always optimistic and happy.
You are always full of optimism and know that things will go right no matter what.
26. You have become much stronger on the inside.
You have this strength on the inside that you never knew you had before, and this helps you accomplish even more tasks.
27. You have future goals and passions that you anticipate dearly.
You know what you want to achieve in life and you work towards those achievements.
28. You have overcome most of your obstacles.
Everyone face obstacles in their lives. However, you know you are far more successful if you have overcome most of them.
29. You get happy for other people’s successes.
Being happy for other people not only uplifts them, it uplifts you too. You have started sending out positive energy all around this way.
30. You don’t allow guilt to gulp you down.
A lot of people face emotional guilt for not doing something for others. You have stopped letting that get the best of you.
31. You bring a smile to people’s faces.
The mere presence of you is so uplifting that it brings a smile to people’s faces.
32. You never judge.
People are often too quick to judge others when they have no business doing so. It always pays to place yourself in someone else’s shoes before passing judgments.
33. You try being present in the moment as much as possible.
Mindfulness helps individuals live in the present moment. You know how important this is instead of thinking about the past or the future all the time.
34. You have a strong support system.
You have people that you can rely and seek help from.
35. You love and allow yourself to be loved.
There is no limit to the amount of love you can spread.
Photo credit: lauren rushing