This article was last updated on December 29, 2015
If you like to say that successful people “have it made,” please stop. Most people are leading a life that’s a direct result of their decisions, thoughts and behaviour. This is why some are successful and some or not. It’s has nothing to do with luck. We are where we are, because of who we are. This is why if you are not where you want to be in life, you will have to change something.
7 Things Successful People Have In Common
1. They are dreamers. Successful people are big dreamers. They set big dreams, big goals. Unlike ordinary people who dream of getting a promotion or finding a better job, succesful people dream about changing the world.
Don’t be afraid to dream big, you can do it. Don’t limit yourself, you can be successful if you want to be. The line between successful people and unsuccessful people is a very thin one. Crossing it is easy, when you have the right mindset.
2. They are willing to fail. Successful people know that success doesn’t come easy and that they are bound to fail along the journey. Do you know how many times Thomas Edison failed before inventing the light bulb? 1000.. Failing 1000 times and he still didn’t quit. Why? Because he was willing to fail and he was learning something from each and every failure. He knew that failure is the stepping stone to success. As long as you learn your lessons when you make a mistake you are moving forward.
3. They know that they make their own luck. Successful people know that luck is the good fortune we determine for ourselves. The harder you work, the luckier you get. You won’t randomly get lucky and successful people know that. They will do at least one thing every single day to put themselves in a better position to get lucky.
4. They set real goals that they can accomplish. Successful people make an entire to do list each morning when they wake up. This allows them to map out what needs to be done first, second and so on. Their goals are very focused, big yet obtainable and are aligned to their strenghts.
5. They are disciplined. The most important trait of successful people is that they are very strict with themselves. They do not procrastinate like many of us. They are focused and determined to do what they have decided. They stick to their decisions and are disciplined with their activities. They follow their schedule very stringently and avoid distractions.
6. They are constantly in the proccess of learning. They know the more knowledge they have, the further they can go. They read, they try to obtain a new skill. They never stop learning, no matter their age. There is always something to learn in that vast world. That’s why I am challenging you to read atleast 30 minutes a day.
7. They are seeing the big picture.The problems you’re facing today seem a lot bigger than they really are. If you’re stressing out about something right now, ask yourself, “Will this be a big deal next week/month/year?” Stop seeing every day as an isolated event but rather a mere piece of the jig-saw puzzle that is your life. All of the pieces might not be perfect. Some of them might even be discolored, torn, and rotten. But the quality of each singular piece is irrelevant. The important thing is the completed puzzle that is your life.
Make these habits second nature, and success will be certain to follow.
What do you think is the most important habit of successful people? Or you think that success is something that only few chosen lucky ones achieve?
Photo credit: Nguyen Hung Vu